In an effort to promote downtown and the great businesses and culture we have to offer, Winterfest has been created to draw people to downtown for an evening of family fun. Several downtown businesses will be open, along with various downtown museums and attractions. More details to come as the holiday season approaches! It all kicks off immediately following the Parkersburg Christmas Parade in downtown!
A big thank you to this year's Winterfest sponsors, Peoples Bank and Sheetz!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, please be advised that the City of Parkersburg’s Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 2 P.M. in downtown Parkersburg. This year’s theme is There's No Place like Home for the Holidays. To learn how you can participate in the parade, please click here to download an application and subsequent guidelines.
Schedule of activities:
- Santa's Workshop (kids craft station) at 4 - 6:00 P.M. - Judge Black Annex building. This year's crafts are sponsored by Sheetz (coming soon to downtown.) Sheetz will be sponsoring a kids coloring contest in conjunction with craft activities.
- Picture Opportunity with Santa at 4 - 6:00 P.M. - 2nd floor of the City Building
- Face & Rock Painting, sponsored by the Parkersburg Actors Guild - 4 - 6:00 P.M. - 2nd floor of the City Building
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides at 4 - 6:00pm - $2 each on the corner of 3rd and Market Street
- Christmas Music in Bicentennial Park at 4 - 6:15 P.M.
- Live Performance by Schrader Ballet at 6:15 P.M.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Zambelli Holiday Fireworks Show at 6:25 P.M.
- Community Concert at St. Francis Xavier Church at 7 P.M.
- Storefront Decorating Contest (check Downtown PKB Facebook page for list of participants)
- Chapman Printing
- Downtown Specialty Bakery
- Edward Jones
- Point Park Marketplace
- Festival of Trees by Easter Seals WV - The Blennerhassett Hotel
Winterfest Tours for the Community:
- Blennerhassett Museum and Gift Shop - 11 A.M. to 7 P.M., 10% discount
- Mid-Ohio Valley Model Railroad Club - 610 Green Street, free tours from 4 - 6 p.m.
Oil and Gas Museum - 119 3rd Street, free tours from 4 - 6 p.m.
Shops & Restaurants with Extended Hours:
• Point Park Marketplace
o Maka Mia Pizza
o Q-Wagon BBQ
o Breads and Beyond
o Village Cakery
o Toscano in Applachia
o Hemp Picks
o Rustic House 2.0
• Pop-Up Retail vendors at the Point Park Marketplace
• Pop-Up Retail vendors at 408 Market Street (Old Classic Plastics Toy Store Space)
• Parkersburg Brewing Company
• Sew Creative
• Spats @ the Blennerhassett Hotel & The Blennerhassett Coffee Bar
• The Coffee Bar
• Jimmy Johns
• Crystal Café
• Endorphin Grafix
• Aspire Salon
• Market Street Antiques
• Food Truck Vendors in Bicentennial Park
o Whitevalley Kettle Korn
o Q-Wagon BBQ
o Elenies Souvlaki
- Advocare/Temple Challenge
- Cornerstone Homestead
- Kay Dream Designs
- LipSense by Senegence
- Lu La Roe
- Rodan and Fields
- Simply Elegant by Brandy