In an effort to promote downtown and the great businesses and culture we have to offer, Winterfest has been created to draw people to downtown for an evening of family fun. Several downtown businesses will be open, along with various downtown museums and attractions. More details to come as the holiday season approaches! It all kicks off immediately following the Parkersburg Christmas Parade in downtown!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, please be advised that the City of Parkersburg’s Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 2 P.M. in downtown Parkersburg. This year’s theme is There's No Place like Home for the Holidays. To learn how you can participate in the parade, please click here to download an application and subsequent guidelines.
Schedule of activities:
- Santa's Workshop (kids craft station) at 4 - 6:00 P.M. - Judge Black Annex building. This year's crafts are sponsored by Sheetz (coming soon to downtown.) Sheetz will be sponsoring a kids coloring contest in conjunction with craft activities.
- Picture Opportunity with Santa at 4 - 6:00 P.M. - 2nd floor of the City Building
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides at 4 - 6:00pm - $2 each on the corner of 3rd and Market Street
- Christmas Music in Bicentennial Park at 4- 6:15 P.M.
- Live Performance by Schrader Ballet at 6:15 P.M.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Zambelli Holiday Fireworks Show at 6:25 P.M.
- Community Concert at St. Francis Xavier Church at 7 P.M.
- Storefront Decorating Contest (check Downtown PKB Facebook page for list of participants)
- Festival of Trees by Easter Seals WV - The Blennerhassett Hotel